Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Makeover Essentials: Buy or Bye Bye

So I had two nice young ladies come in to my work today (Monday 10/21/13) carrying the cutest pink gift bags. I was already intrigued before they even got to their "Sales-Pitch". They were selling a fairly new makeup line called Makeover Essentials.


The young ladies introduced themselves, their product line, and stated that it was a sister company to Bare Minerals. (That was another selling point for me as I use that line of makeup). The lady who took the lead, proceeded to show me everything in the bag and told me that if I were to purchase it all separately it would cost me over $150.00, but that if I bought it from her today I would pay $30. That this price was to introduce me to the line. (Definitely still holding my attention). Then she had a long box and opened it and it was a hair straightener. Two choices: pink animal print, or a light blue "sort of" water color print. She said these straighteners are a lifetime purchase and you will never have to buy another, that the product warranty guarantees it. These straighteners will run you $200 in our store but today you can purchase it for $40. And that is not all....I will give you all the makeup in the bag for FREE! (Yes she sounded somewhat like a live infomercial but lucky for her I love Infomercials LOL). Of course being the product junkie that I am, dug through my wallet and gave her $40 + 2 for tax. She left happy and I was ready to play with all my new goodies. 

                           

After they went on their way, I searched online for reviews of "Makeover Essentials" and the reviews are mixed. There were many that had this same scene had played out, they were overjoyed by their purchase and were happy with the makeup. Then there were others that were not as excited by the lack of pigmentation in the eye shadows etc.and think they should have received professional makeup for $40. My opinion is this: The girls were sweet, I got a new pretty flat iron and a bag full of makeup for $42. The cases that the makeup come in are all sleek black and professional looking. The brushes look of a little less quality but I can handle that since I like my own brushes anyway. Plus I got a new flat iron! All in all it made my Monday a little less drab. Anything that can do that is an A+ in my book :) 


For me, Makeover Essentials is a "Buy" not a "Bye Bye"

Have a Beautiful Day,
Stephanie

14 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie! I just got my products and I'm a bit nervous.
    I paid 22 for my flat iron.
    The guy told me I could only get the iron w/the purchase of my 10 dollar makeup kit.
    A coworker recognized the bags and let me know that she had trashed her flat iron and the makeup. She said they were all terrible quality.
    I didn't research until after the buy and needless to say, I feel like I've been conned.
    Have you changed your mind since the review? How'd you like the products?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just paid $40 for the bag alone lmao so I got screwed. I don't even wear makeup the woman was just so convincing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the straightener today for $40 with a free straightener accessory kit. I was able to try it and the 'salesperson' if you will, showed me how it can curl as well. I was able to try it myself and that is the only reason I purchased it. I have thin very straight hair and it actually put a curl in quite easily! Have yet to fully try it at home but I'm excited to do so

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I paid 20.00 for mines, had no problem with mines, had it for a year, still kicking. I don't wear makeup but my daughter did my eyebrow, it was fine.

      Delete
  4. I walked into work today and there were 2 guys standing in front of the door. They were relatively young. Now I work at a doctors office so this was a little strange. They handed me a bag and was like "you like makeup don't you"? I said yes. I honestly thought it was free they just literally put it in my hand. Then they started going through all this makeup making it sound nice. They said I could have it for 20$ and that it was a huge Christmas sale they were having and the bag usually goes for 100$. I wasn't going to buy seeing I don't really use makeup. Then they pull out a flat iron and told me they would give me the bag and iron for 50$. They said it was a 400$ value. I bought it for 50 with cash. I was just wondering what other people thought of the products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love my product got makeup and Flat Iron makes my hair look &feel so soft and silky and I have bought products on two different times been having my irons since 2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was great also, no problem, better than Walmart cheap kind.

      Delete
  6. I have natural hair so I don't use the flat iron but I use the make up everyday and I liked it so much I have started selling it. I really like the product. Selling is hard but I will still buy the product if I stop selling it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the flat iron and makeup for 50 dollars..the eyeshower I do like and use it almost every day. The bronzer I don't use at all and I also got some lip glosses that feel very sticky when I put it on. The flat iron I love for when I straighten my hair, curling it on the other hand it sucks. I have short hair and have to pull out my old flat iron to get the curls to even look like curls. So I wod say the flat iron is good for just straightening. I do feel like I Got conned and feel like I'll need to get a new flat iron soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually work for makeover essentials and I would never promote a product I don't believe in! The makeup is actually pretty great and I love the straightner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the review. I appreciate your honesty. I bought one and the guy was professional and fun to talk to. At first I didn't think I got a good deal but if you look at it, Cover Girl, Maybelline and the rest are over priced period and since I do use eyeshadow everyday sparingly i think the kit is worth the price. If you buy makeup separately for shadow, eyeliner, mirror, lipstick, etc. depending on the brand you'd spend a lot more even at Walmart and the quality of those products have been altered compared to years ago and comparing to their lines now. Naturally Cover Girl looks nice on the commercial but it doesn't last like they advertise.

      Delete
  9. I bought the bag for $30 cuz I thought it was hilarious and entertaining. She was talking about how the makeup is made here in the USA and then shipped to China to be packaged and shipped back. The poor girl with the awful eyeliner application and really bad mascara was talking to me how the products were made by Mac and what not. I guess that since I'm a guy they didn't think anything especially since I'm lacking sleep and sitting in my friends furniture warehouse helping them move stuff around. I'm actually a makeup artist and worked for Mac for awhile as well as Christian Dior. She then told me it was made by Christian Dior's company as well. I looked at the packaging and the palettes and knew right away how much these are worth. These stuff are literally the huge $19.99 Christmas kits you buy from Walmart during Christmas and give it to someone you clearly hate. Hahaha oh yeah and btw, Mac is owned by Estée Lauder but Christian Dior is Louis Vuitton Henessy Moët . This poor girl is running around all day selling these sad super sad kits with no training at all. I just had to give her $30 for the courage and effort. I even told her that if those kits really did sells for $80 and I were her, I wouldn't buy it. She said she gets them for $20 and then I was like, I still wouldn't but it. As she left, I told her to research the ingredients listed and I winked. Lol now who wants some free skin cancer?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Professionally written blogs are rare to find, however I appreciate all the points mentioned here. I also want to include some other writing skills which everyone must aware of.
    สารสกัดธรรมชาติ

    ReplyDelete